Help With Childcare Costs
There are a number of different options that are available to help pay for childcare costs. Listed below is a few that can be used.
Tax Free Childcare
You can get up to £500 every 3 months (up to £2,000 a year) for each of your children to help with the costs of childcare. This goes up to £1,000 every 3 months if a child is disabled (up to £4,000 a year).
If you get Tax-Free Childcare, you’ll set up an online childcare account for your child. For every £8 you pay into this account, the government will pay in £2 to use to pay your provider.
Your eligibility depends on:
- if you are working
- your income (and your partner’s income, if you have one)
- your child’s age and circumstances
- your immigration status
Click the link for more information and to create you account;
TAX FREE CHILDCARE
Childcare Grant Payment Service
This is part of your student finance application.
To apply for a Childcare Grant follow these steps:
- Apply online as part of your main student finance application.
- Send in evidence. You’ll be told what evidence you need to provide when you apply.
- You’ll be sent a letter telling you how much Childcare Grant you’ll get.
- Create an online account with the Childcare Grant Payment Service (CCGPS). You’ll get an email telling you how to set one up. Your grant will be paid into this account.
Click the link for more information and information on creating you account;
CHILDCARE GREANT PAYMENT SERVICE
Universal Credit Reimbursement
You may be able to claim back up to 85% of your childcare costs if you’re eligible for Universal Credit.
You (and your partner if you live with them) will usually need to either:
- be working - it does not matter how many hours you or your partner work
- have a job offer
Click the link for more information;
UNIVERSAL CREDIT REIMBURSEMENT